About

Wednesday 4 December 2019

Pherechoa crypsichlora

 Pherechoa crypsichlora HYPENINAE EREBIDAE


I originally posted this one as :-

 Nola Sp NOLINAE NOLIDAE 1864 on - 0793

A reader, Vic, has been able to help with an identification. See the comments at the bottom.

The current name according to Bold systems is :-
 Pherechoa crypsichlora HYPENINAE EREBIDAE

I so far have not been able to find anything on it's biology.





Family:- EREBIDAE
Sub Family:- HYPENINAE
Genus:- Pherechoa
Species:- crypsichlora












*************************************************************************************

2 comments:

  1. Pherechoa crypsichlora

    nice image, better than most of my own of this species ...
    one that proved as much an ID challenge for me until solved by
    Nick Fisher (Tamborine Mtn).

    more here ...
    https://www.inaturalist.org/taxa/710381-Pherechoa-crypsichlora

    cheers

    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vic,
    I was a long way off on that one.
    Nick has helped me from time to time with identifying moths too.
    I have often seen and used your photos for ID comparison on ALA
    Don.

    ReplyDelete