About

Wednesday 24 April 2019

455 plus moths

Unless I have miscounted, I have now put over 455 species of moths on this blog. All this from our one Hectare block of land.
When I started this project, I would never have believed the richness of our small plot, and since the only lights we use are our ordinary house lights and a very small UV party lamp, I can be fairly sure the moths are here or on the edges of the neighboring properties.

Since I  am getting towards the end of the moths that I have already identified and start into the many photos that need more research, I am also finding that it is more difficult to get information on the biology of the moths.
The frequency of postings may slow down a bit as I work at identification but I would not expect more than about another twenty or so species in the photos I have to date.

 **********************************************************************************

Etanna clopaea

 Etanna clopaea CHLOEPHORINAE NOLIDAE 





Family:- NOLIDAE
Sub Family:- CHLOEPHORINAE
Genus:- Etanna
Species:- clopaea

**********************************************************************************

Anisogona similana TORTRICINAE TORTRICIDAE




 Family:- TORTRICIDAE
Sub Family:- TORTRICINAE
Genus:- Anisogona
Species:- similana




Underside



The colouring  of this sample is not unusual here. I believe they are still the same moth.















**********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment