About

Wednesday 20 February 2019

Scenedra decoratalis

Scenedra decoratalis PYRALINAE PYRALIDAE

I have not been able to find anything about its biology.
I have included a cross section of the variations we see in the appearance of this moth.



Family:- PYRALIDAE
Sub Family:- PYRALINAE
Genus:- Scenedra
Species:- decoratalis 



Click on the photos for a larger view.

***********************************************************************************

Scoparia exhibitalis SCOPARIINAE CRAMBIDAE

Although I originally placed in this moth in PYRALIDAE, I find it now is in CRAMBIDAE. I am not sure if I made a mistake or that over the years the designation has changed.

The members of the sub family SCOPARIINAE are generally said to be moss eaters, often found in moss and lichen. I have no specific information for this particular species.

They are reasonably common in southern Australia. It sometimes surprises people to find that we, at around 27.5 degrees south, as is Brisbane, are in the southern half of Australia.



Family:- CRAMBIDAE
Sub Family:- SCOPARIINAE
Genus:- Scoparia
Species:- exhibitalis












***********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment