About

Wednesday 11 April 2018

Pataeta conspicienda

Pataeta conspicienda EUTELIINAE EUTELIIDAE

Was:- Pataeta conspicienda EUTELIINAE NOCTUIDAE

There are two species of Pataeta in Australia,  Pataeta carbo and  Pataeta conspicienda, the latter having an elongated white marking on the fore wing. In the majority of the samples that I could find
those identified as P. carbo didn't have the marking.
The areas where both species are found are very similar, although P. carbo seems to be more coastal.
The larval food for P. carbo include Eucalyptus  and Callistemon (both MYRTACEAE) and it is likely that P. conspicienda is the same.




Family:- EUTELIIDAE
Sub Family:- EUTELIINAE
Genus:- Pataeta
Species:- conspicienda









*************************************************************************************

Targalla plumbea EUTELIINAE EUTELIIDAE

Was:- Targalla plumbea EUTELIINAE NOCTUIDAE





Family:- EUTELIIDAE
Sub Family:- EUTELIINAE
Genus:- Targalla
Species:- plumbea





When I first put this post on the internet I put it on as Penicillaria jocosatrix EUTELIINAE NOCTUIDAE. Even though the photo I was comparing my photo with was an excellent match, I put it on with the reservation that I didn't think the identification was correct. I have since found that the owner of the original photo has re-identified it elsewhere on the internet correctly as Targalla plumbea EUTELIINAE  EUTELIIDAE. This name also check out with other sites.

***********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment